Who would benefit from intensive therapy vs. the traditional weekly model?
- Professionals, executives, athletes, students or others who want to get well as fast as possible.
- Those who need immediate support in order to resume normal function.
- Those who find it difficult to function in everyday tasks while doing heavy recovery work from traumas.
- Couples or families struggling to coordinate their schedules together for therapy.
- Out-of-towners seeking the Wellspring expertise.
What does it include?
- The focused attention of one therapist for the entire day, 9am-4pm, with a lunch break and rest as needed.
- An individual treatment program established on the first morning to include as appropriate:
- Individual Assessment and Process Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma specialized therapy (EMDR or TF-CBT)
- Experiential Art Therapies
- Equine Assisted Learning and/or Psychotherapy
Where does it occur?
How much does it cost?
- The cost per day is $600.
- Additional days are added as needed, in consultation with the therapist during the initial interview. 2-4 days are a typical stay.
- Travel, housing and food are not included.
- Insurance can generally not be billed for more than one session per day.
- Individualized schedules and costs can be arranged on a per case basis.
What are the advantages?
- Efficiency of therapy because of not spending time on “check ins”, beginnings and ends, or life interruptions.
- Getting it done quickly so that you can move on with life in a better way.
- Reduced financial costs of unattended mental stress.
- Increased likelihood of continuing with the work of therapy to the point of finding resolutions or healing.
- Access to treatment, if not available locally.
- Increased anonymity of treatment outside of your home community.
Note – This model does not guarantee a quick “cure” from all emotional issues. It simply speeds the process.